The past couple of years we have had a "unified" party.
This year things sort of crept up on us and I suddenly realized we needed to make some sort of decision.
So Josie had a party at our house last weekend. I wish I could say that I have lots of pictures, but I completely forgot the camera at all.
Her party was on the eclectic side. She had cupcakes in ice cream cones and then also ice cream cones with ice cream. She had "pin the ear on the bunny" (That is what she wanted... not the tail, just the ears). She picked out the blue T-Rex pinata because she said it looked like Godzilla. We planted flowers in pots the kids had painted because it seemed like a nice take home party favor. We also decorated crowns. I did discover that many 3-4 year olds are not used to be being blindfolded.
Doug and Andy, to accommodate their diverse interests, are having a "Time Adventure" themed party. So we have two giant boxes (from an appliance store) that has a dial on it to make it a time machine. We have six time periods to visit.
- We will assemble dinosaur bones in the prehistoric period.
- We will pin the nose on the Sphinx in Ancient Egypt.
- We will use catapults to knock down a tower during the time of the knights.
- We will battle with balloon swords and axes (I'm hoping I can pull this off) for the time of the Vikings.
- We will have a treasure hunt and find a pirate pinata during the time of the pirates.
- We will shoot off balloon rockets in the future.