Thursday, December 17, 2009

Sometimes this guy amazes me



While Santa and his one night sleigh ride are pretty amazing, I think Andy amazes me more. He has his moments of stubbornness, he can get easily distracted, and yet his persistence in other areas can be frustrating at times (since it's usually over something I don't want him to do).

We went to our church Christmas dinner on Wednesday night. My kids were pretty excited because they knew that Santa was going to show up (or at least he has the past two years).
When I mentioned that it was time to get in the car to go to church Andy announced that he had a gift for Santa. This may be slightly inspired by the Phineas and Ferb Christmas special, but Andy picked one of his Christmas craft projects, found a bag to put it in, choose an art paper he had brought home from preschool (where apparently December is the season of glitter), and then wanted some candy to put in the bag.
He held on to it and showed it to people until Santa made his entrance. Then he ran up to him to hand it to Santa right away and was excited to talk to him.
Then what does he ask for?
The child asked for "toys for his cats."

1 comment:

Ann in NJ said...

One of the blogs I read has a quote on the sidebar:
"I dance to a different tuba"

It makes me think of Andy. He's just wonderful.