Monday, October 17, 2011

Making progress

I am super busy! I am trying to take pictures....but I have not gotten them off the camera to here yet.
Here is what has been going on:
Dissertation
  • Finished my last interviews
  • Scheduled more observations
  • I'm trying to proofread (but of course this is not my favorite part....)
House
  • painted the hallway
  • painted the stairwell
  • we removed the banister and Jim and kids cleaned 40+ years of grime off it
  • sanded one wall of paneling (I have miles to go, but it is a start)
  • repaired the ceiling (this was mainly a Jim thing) where the beams were taken out
  • Andy removed a few cabinet doors
  • Jim made the arrangements for the cabinets and such...so we actually have a bit of a timeline now

2 comments:

Ann in NJ said...

Wow! Sounds like you've been busy! I was wondering how the dissertation was going but scared to ask (in case it wasn't). Good luck with everything.

Susan Z said...

It needs three more observations and it turns out that lesson plans have been one of the hardest things to collect. Now I just need to squeeze writing in there and applying for jobs and....