Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Can I just be a blob?

I'm feeling a little consumed by things right now. I need to figure out a way to break out some and get back at least a little bit of a feeling of control. Some of it may be that I am sick. Not bad sick, but I have a runny nose and a cough. It probably doesn't help that there have been adjustments lately and I am having a hard time getting motivated about getting school work done. All I really want to do is sit in front of the TV. I try to justify this desire by sorting laundry or cleaning something while I am watching, but I really think I just want to switch my brain off.
Ironically tonight on the way home from church Doug, who has been playing the part of "contrary boy" lately and testing his limits, said "I am going to throw out my toys and I am going to stop exercising and I am just going to watch TV all day." He did reassure Andy that he was only going to throw out his own toys. After mentioning what would happen if he did only watch TV all day I started mentioning specific toys. So far I have not found one toy that he has agreed to get rid of.

1 comment:

Ann in NJ said...

That's the hard thing about being a parent - it really is a 24-7 job. You're going through a LOT of adjustments at the moment, and being sick (even if it's only sick-ish) just makes it harder.

Give yourself a break for a couple of days - only do what you absolutely have to, get takeout or make breakfast for dinner if it's easier, and try to catch up on your sleep! This too shall pass.