Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Weight lifted (well...mostly)

I try really hard not to relive tests....you know that thing about where you could potentially agonize over your answers and whether you could have done better?

Yeah, I try not to do that.
Once, when Jim and I were first married and we were both taking classes, one of his friends had taken a test and was agonizing over the answers and whether he got them right. He ended by saying "Well, I either passed that test or I failed it"
Um, yeah...those are the only two choices usually.

So I did the best I could do. I remembered all of what I had memorized about my citations. There might have been a thing here or there that I probably could have added or done differently, but I cannot change it now.
So it is out of my hands and that weight is lifted.
I should know something in a few weeks.
In a couple of weeks I will also have to take comps in my minor areas, but that will be a different preparation and for now there is no more I can do.

3 comments:

Maegan said...

Glad you have it over and done with! :) I remember that huge weight when I finished mine for my master's. I felt the same way...I knew I did as well as I could but of course in the back of my mind, I kept thinking "Should I have gone more in depth?" or "Did I go to in depth and get off topic?"...the usual :) I know you did wonderfully!!!

Ann in NJ said...

Congrats on getting through it! We're keeping our fingers crossed for you.

Lisa C said...

Let us know! I'm glad you made it through the major round. Hopefully you can get a bit of a breather now and relax.