Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Crazy busy

Lots to do. The semester is ending soon. It is nice because classes that have nice deadlines and small assignments will be done. On the other hand large things like writing dissertation proposals could use more time....
I think I might be losing it a little. I have nice clean keys (hey, didn't you know that was important?) because I managed to send my key chain through the wash. I alternately tried this morning to leave something behind or to think I had (I "lost" my bag that was sitting right in front of me and then tried to walk half-way down the hallway without my coffee cup).

What is getting me through all this?
  • Lots of caffeine (maybe not that much now that Jim has switched us to half-caf ...but I do have a least a cup of coffee every day and usually one Coke.)
  • To-do lists (can't live without em! Can't always find them and don't always remember to look at them....but I can't live without 'em.)
  • Reminding myself that some PhD friends of the family say that you don't earn a PhD....you take it. So with that in mind I keep plugging along.
Wish me luck! May my finger find the keys and the words flow from them...may important articles find my eyes....

2 comments:

Ann in NJ said...

Hang in there! Determination and stubborness count for a lot at this point ("I've come this far, and I'll be darned if I don't finish!").

Lisa C said...

You'll get there! And then you won't know what to do with the time you have freed up after school. I think a large part of academics at any age is persistence.