Monday, May 10, 2010

Some days I wonder which of my children is wierder....

Doug can be goofy and he often makes up words....

Josie has this thing about her closet. It started simply with "I have a refrigerator in my closet with some salad in it" (It is pretend...there is no fridge in her closet.) Now, just about anything you can think of has "been" in her closet at one time or another: her "older sister", a movie she wanted to watch, and much more.

Tonight at dinner we were discussing what nursery rhyme costumes they wanted to create (and that we could easily make from stuff at home) for the special preschool dress-up days in the middle of this week.
Here is the list I suggested: the baker from Rub-a-dub-dub, little boy blue, carry a pail and be Jack or Jill, Old King Cole (we went to BK over the weekend and the kids picked up crowns...so that would be a cinch).
My children come up with:

Doug- a sheep. It doesn't matter if it is Little Bo Peep's white sheep or Baa Baa Black sheep because he just wants to be fuzzy. I'm thinking an inside out sweatshirt and the child is going to roast since this is the South and it is already May.

Josie- she wants to be a princess but she did briefly think about being the star from Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. At least someone wants to use the crown even if I can't think of any nursery rhymes with princesses in them...queens yes, but not princesses and Josie was very specific.

Andy- he is dead set on being the wall from Humpty Dumpty. Not Humpty Dumpty himself, or even have a wall with part of him being Humpty Dumpty....he ONLY wants to be the wall.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The wall - I love it!

Here's a nursery rhyme for Josie:

"I had a little nut tree,
Nothing would it bear
But a silver nutmeg,
And a golden pear;
The King of Spain's daughter
Came to visit me,
And all for the sake
Of my little nut tree.

Her dress was made of crimson,
Jet black was her hair,
She asked me for my nut tree
And my golden pear.
I said, "So fair a princess
Never did I see,
I'll give you all the fruit
From my little nut tree."

--Lara

Ann in NJ said...

Or Josie could be the queen from "Four and Twenty Blackbirds" (second verse).

I love the wall idea. do you have an old t-shirt you could make brick patterns on with a sharpie? inside out if it's not plain. Red would be ideal, of course, but not required.

Jill in MA said...

You could just sandwich-board the wall. Difficult to spend much time in, though...

Susan Z said...

The nut tree one sounds vaguely familiar....Today Andy wanted to be a wall again and Josie went as Jill of Jack and Jill fame. Doug is in the 5 day a week class so he only gets one dress-up day.