Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Help! My dissertation is eating me....

So I have not posted a lot lately because I am deep in writing my dissertation.
For those not familiar with dissertation format the tradition is 5 chapters. Newer formats may vary some, but traditionally it is 5 chapters. Chapters 1-3 usually are part of the proposal. They may change some after collection of data, but the bones of them happen prior to the proposal.

Right now I am deep in chapter 4. It is the results section. Since my research was descriptive, I have lots of describing to do.
I'm making progress, but I have a deadline. I've set a date for my defense so it has to be done 2 weeks prior to the defense so that my committee has time to read it.

My poor children miss me even though I am home. Mommy and the computer are spending lots of time together.

2 comments:

Ann in NJ said...

This is a good thing! It means you are progressing and nearing the end! Keep up the good work!

Lisa C said...

Hope it goes as smoothly as stuff like this can! Remind the kids it's short term, a hard concept at that age, but at least there's an end in sight.