Sunday, August 15, 2010

Glad last week is over

I think I am actually looking forward to Monday.
Transitions trying to get in to a routine are difficult for me so now that the first week is under my belt it should be a bit better.
It doesn't help that three days out of last week I ended up in some sort of doctor's office.
  1. I had a dental appointment one day (boys were in school and Josie came along....she kept telling me to hold still and the hygienist was getting a kick out of Josie's comments). Fortunately things looked good so I do not have to go back.
  2. Josie saw an ENT. They say she doesn't have sleep apnea, but she snores and stops breathing for 3-5 seconds at a time (apparently it must be for more than 30 seconds to qualify) and her tonsils are huge even though she does not seem to be sick, and she has issues with hard ear wax. So she now not only has a steroid nasal spray to reduce the snoring, but also has an antibiotic to try to get the tonsils down (they're trying to avoid taking them out), and ear drops to soften the wax so that we can go back and get the wax suctioned out.
  3. I ended up with pink eye. Out of eight years of being in the classroom I never had pink eye and now I have had it twice in the last year. So I have eye drops and it happened that my throat hurt when I went in so the doctor looked down my throat, in my nose, etc. and gave me an antibiotic too.
Jim came home coughing so he was medicating himself also. So between Josie's twice a day antibiotic, three times a day ear drops, and once a day nasal spray and my three times a day eye drops and three times a day antibiotic I am struggling to fit it all in and remember whether every one has been dosed.
My hats off to people who have regular medicines for chronic conditions and I'm just praying that the boys do not catch anything since they are with a new group of kids at school.

1 comment:

Ann in NJ said...

It will get better. The boys will get sick, but shouldn't be too bad because they've been exposed to most things. The routine will become, well, routine. First few weeks are the hardest.