Monday, December 13, 2010

All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth...

I didn't know that it was even loose, but as we were getting in the car after a trip to the grocery store Andy says "My tooth just fell out."

I asked him if he had it.... no.
I asked him if he swallowed it.... no, he saw it fall.

Fortunately I was pretty sure that he was all the way in the car and that the tooth was somewhere in the car. I really did not want to have to compose another letter to the Toothfairy. Of course though, we are talking about a tiny front baby tooth... in a car with crumbs and floor mats and under the seat... who knows where it could be.

So by a miracle of God I managed to find the tooth. Andy finally got to put an actual tooth under his pillow.

So far nothing is budging in Doug's mouth. As a baby he was always exactly a week behind Andy in getting his teeth, but not now. He insists that he will not loose a tooth until he is six.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome that he lost 2 teeth just in time for that silly song to be appropriate. I loved that song (thanks to my Grandpa) but always managed to lose my teeth early in the year.
--Lara

Ann in NJ said...

We were talking about losing teeth the other day, and a friend said she always saved her kids' teeth - so that if they lost one, she could "magically" produce a spare for the tooth fairy.

Ann in NJ said...

Actually, I think it was for situations just like yours, where it's lost somewhere (outside, in the car) and you can "find" it.