Saturday, December 11, 2010

Score (at least) one for mommy!

I had to drag Doug and Andy complaining to the table to make "candy cane" cookies with Josie and me.

After the first one they kept asking for more lumps of dough to make the cookies and would have kept going except that we ran out of dough to work with.

Of course, on the flip side of my children enthusiastically making these cookies is that we had exactly one that was in a candy cane shape... and that one was made by mommy.
We were already non-traditional from the start in that Josie wanted white and green dough....

2 comments:

Ann in NJ said...

That's awesome - I hate making candy cane cookies. The one time I tried it, the dough was so soft it kept breaking as I formed the canes, so we had "sticks" instead. Love the idea of non-traditional shapes and colors. They still taste yummy.

Susan Z said...

My dough sat in the fridge overnight so it was not too sticky. I recently read or heard that the composition of our flour has changed and that most cookies will be much better if the dough has time to rest by chilling.