Sunday, January 2, 2011

It's been a bit- so happy 2011!

I have been busy....Christmas has come and gone. We survived.
I did not get out a Christmas letter. I did do a bunch of baking (and my waist shows it). I semi-decorated the house and now have to put stuff away.
I did a bit of work on my dissertation but I seriously need to do more.
I spent a bunch of time enjoying having Jim home for two weeks and I spent some time just being with my children.

We had a few mad Nerf gun battles, I build countless Lego kits (I suppose I could count them but I would probably regret it...had to empty out some bins to make more Lego storage), have played a bunch of games with the kids (since we got a lot of games appropriate for Doug & Andy).

I have hopes for the New Year. I am not going to make resolutions as I like the idea that if you need to change something you should do it right away. I do have a few ongoing missions that continue into the new year.
  • Lighten my load (I want to get rid of things I do not need and that just clutter up the house)
  • Finish my dissertation (it is the gateway to many things)
  • Continue to grow spiritually (God put some serious messages in my life during 2010 so I need to not just pay attention but also take some action)
Have a happy and blessed 2011.

No comments: