Monday, February 1, 2010

The forever to-do list

I once had a professor who said that the sooner you got behind during the semester the longer you had to catch-up. I'm not sure on the logic in that but I am trying not to live it.

January has flown by and it is not as if I am not working it is just that I started out behind. There might have been some minor things I could have done during the break, but I have a feeling that would not have made a great deal of difference in the length of my to-do list.

I've start not listing everything but just the most important things. I've also started not trying to list all of the little tasks, but to think of the big areas and remember one item that is crucial from each of those areas.

I also need to seriously get better about writing things down and actually consulting my calendar to keep things straight. At the moment I have too many calendars going (some are course calendars that I just have not had time to transfer to my personal calendar). I have sort of lucked out on a few things that a reminder or a change came just in time for me not to have a problem.

I can sort of see a light at the end of the tunnel with some major things, but I have to work to get there.

1 comment:

Maegan said...

I completely understand! If I don't stay ahead, I get overwhelmed and can't get everything done, which of course leads to me getting behind! Good luck!! You're amazing so I know you'll be able to do it! :)