Monday, February 8, 2010

How can one two year old be more work than two four year olds?

Doug is doing great. He is getting well and healthy after being sick last week and has shown initiative to do things when I ask.

Andy has his stubborn moments but he has shown some great moments this past week (sharing a sticker with his siblings...Doug & Josie both wanted the sticker so Andy, with the wisdom of Solomon tore it in half and put a piece on each sibling.)

Josie on the other hand is two going on 14 or 15. She wants to do everything herself and she gets upset when she has trouble. She is still making progress on potty training but she gets mad if I try and help her, even just verbally, with other things.
So I am just curious how many other people have had their two year old tell them that you are ruining her life and that she just doesn't want you to be near her. She will get upset if Doug or Andy say something or try to help and then go running down the hallway crying to her room. I know this too shall pass and she will grow out of it.
I vaguely might remember going through this a bit with the boys (I don't know...a lot of that stuff seems to have been blocked out by me) but it's tough while you are going through it.

No comments: