Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Wonders of the World

Perhaps it is because Josie was plastered to me most of the day (fever, runny nose, drool that covers half the shirt). Perhaps it is because most of the things I worked on today are only half done and not because of the parts that I did but because I am waiting on other people. Perhaps it is because Josie went through two outfits, I went through three shirts, and I ended up letting our baby-sitter come for an hour not because I was going to go workout but because I needed an hour where I was childless (a few children in this house should be saying thank you God in their prayers for living another day...)

Anyway, I still wonder ....
  1. Last year how did I manage to get all of the dishes and everything done and cleaned up and then also work on my coursework?
  2. Last year how did I manage to get most of the house unpacked and still get everything else done?
  3. How am I managing to get over my cold when I have had a huge sleep deficit the last two nights due to being up with children?
  4. Last year how did I manage to work in the yard so much with the kids and still get everything else done?

I wonder however, if it is just that I can look back on the big picture of "Last Year" and see the accomplishments and whether this year I am still too close to all of the goings on to see what I have done. I guess I won't know until next year.

2 comments:

puffbird said...

(a few children in this house should be saying thank you God in their prayers for living another day...)

I was feeling that way last night, too... Grrr, children sometimes!

Ann in NJ said...

That's why God makes 'em cute, so we don't throw them out the window!

I think you're right, the "big picture" and some distance truly change our perspective. It's always harder when one is sick. They need you, but occasionally, you need a break. I'm glad you got one. As for the cold? OJ always seems to work for me (I'd say get a good night's sleep but good luck with that!).