Saturday, April 25, 2009

Go to Sleep

While the children go to bed pretty easily (though not without the occasional complaint), some days it can be tough to get them to stay in bed.
Last it had been quiet for awhile. Jim and I had done a few things upstairs and then headed downstairs. After awhile I heard Jim say "Josie go back to bed" and sure enough a little face was peering around the wall at the bottom of the steps. We heard her go back upstairs and close her door.
I was impressed that she had gone back to bed on her own....but then a few minutes later she showed up again.
This time she was naked and carrying two skirts and a pair of socks.
I asked if something had happened to her pajamas.
Her answer....I took them off.
Ok, so duh...I took her back upstairs and put her in some pajamas that I knew she could not get out of on her own. I tried laying her in my spot on our bed in hopes that it would help.
After a little while we could hear chairs being drug around in the kitchen.
She came back downstairs with a glass requesting I put water in it. I already had a glass with water so I let her have some of mine.
She played for awhile and finally a certain aroma made its way over to Jim and I. After a diaper change she was finally able to go to sleep.

No comments: