Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Tom Boy

I realize that Josie is going to be tomboy. With two brothers who are right at 2 years older, how could she not be?
We have arguments over whether she is a girl or a boy.
One of her first "words" was "bam, bam"...and we're not talking the Emeril type either.
I've seen her lay down at the top of the steps and put down "cover fire" for advancing monsters coming up the steps.
Yesterday she took a stuffed sea horse and, holding it by it's snout so that it looked like a gun, she helped her brothers "take out" a whole crew of "bad dinosaurs."
We actually have no toy guns in the house. She does occasionally take care of some baby dolls...but she enthusiastically gets involved with her brothers' play. I'm not quite sure what I am raising...only time will tell.

1 comment:

Jill in MA said...

I used to think the same thing about Sierra, but as she's been exposed to a lot more girls at school she's also interested in the girly stuff. (Plus, I keep making those damn tutus!) The great part is, she likes the tom-boy stuff, too, so she's not so overwhelmingly girly-girly.