Friday, April 3, 2009

Observation

It is interesting to me to see what things my children notice.
Andy notices details and always wants to know the "why" behind things.
Josie is usually the first to notice if I am wearing earrings. She likes to look at my barrette and she will move my hair to check out the earrings. She thinks that my silver stud earrings look like "rain drops."
Doug sometimes can seem oblivious to details, but he surprises me. The other day we were in a restaurant and he said "I like that." It took a minute to figure out what he was talking about, but it turned out that one of the servers had a ponytail and he liked it. Another day he came into the master bedroom and and noticed that we had moved our quilt keeper chest to the end of the bed. He looked at me and told me that he liked how we had moved it and that if we would just move one of the laundry baskets to the other side of the room our room would be "Beautiful, mom."
Doug's favorite color is pink. I happened to wear a pink sweater the other day and when he first walked out from his room and spotted me for the first time he started to say something, then stopped and said "Mom I like your shirt" and then went on with what he was going to say before.

No comments: