Friday, May 15, 2009

Josie





Two years ago today I went to the hospital with Jim, riding at the slowest pace I think I have ever seen my father-in-law drive. We were a planned C-section and I was just grateful that my daughter would not have the exact same birthday as her twin brothers. There were friends there and things went pretty smoothly. She was a little "juicy" being a C-section baby, and she weighed in at a whooping 9 lbs. 3 oz.
You would never know all that today. She is above average in length and below average on weight. She runs, laughs, chases, smiles, talks up a storm, bosses her brothers, holds her own, plays with dolls, makes truck sounds, "bams" bad guys, wears dresses, tip toes, throws tantrums, gives hugs, screams for the heck of it, hides behind me, flirts with strangers, and seems to have a sixth sense about when to show up naked to climb in the shower with me. So far my favorite things she has said are:
  1. "That's my mommy" and "That's my daddy."
  2. "I love you so much.
  3. and tonight she told me "You my friend mommy."

No comments: