Wednesday, August 19, 2009

God works in mysterious ways

This is a story about the mysterious ways that God works.
I believe I have mentioned that we still have boxes and such in our workroom downstairs. They are there from when we moved in about a year and a half a ago. Most of the boxes left are boxes that need to be gone through. Many of them have things from my classroom, and many of those are files of papers that I didn't use a whole lot anyway but I need to decide what to keep and what to get rid of.
I wasn't really finding time to go through much of it and clean it out. So....enter Dodge.

I think I mentioned in the Spring that Jim ended up bringing home a foundling cat who had crawled up in his truck. She ended up living and moving in with us and is now named Dodge.

It also turns out that she has the feline version of HIV. Our other cats do not have this.
So we do not want to turn her out to possibly infect the neighborhood(plus we wouldn't feel right about abandoning a cat anyway) and we have to keep her separate from our other cats. So she lives in our workroom.

She was gaining too much weight with the food just out, so we give her some food for breakfast and then again for dinner.

This actually means that we have to go in to see her every day and give her a bit of love (she is a very friendly cat who is playful and the kids adore her).
So while I am visiting Dodge and giving her some companionship I have started sorting boxes.

And I have now made a noticeable dent in what is left down there. There is more to go, but a little bit at a time I am lightening our load with the help of Dodge.

1 comment:

Jill in MA said...

Nice story. You are great to take in a sick cat and give her a home.