Saturday, August 29, 2009

The world according to Josie

This may become a regular feature because Josie is full of "knowledge" about things.

For instance, today we stopped to get gas.
Jim got out of the car to pump the gas and I sat in the car with the kids.
Josie said that she wanted the car on (for the air conditioning for those of you who do not live in the Southern climate).
So I explained to the kids about how gas is flammable and that you could not have the car on. I told them about other things you shouldn't do while pumping gas...things like don't talk on your cell phone, beware of static electricity, etc.

Josie informed us that you could not hold caterpillars while pumping gas.

That's good to know. Next time I am pumping gas I will have to be sure to put my caterpillar down first.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually the cell phone thing is a myth. There's never been a proven case. The static from people that get back into their car and then get out again OTOH... (all rumored cell phone problems have proven to be from static electricity.)

Doesn't hurt to not use it, of course, but keep in mind that it is still transmitting even if you're not talking on it. If it were really a problem you would have to turn it off.

Bill

Peter L. said...

I wonder if it's ok to keep hold of your butterfly while gassing up.

On the other hand, I've seen a few nutters gassing up with their car running. Always wonder if I'm in the presence of a Darwin Award candidate.