Friday, August 21, 2009

Trying to get motivated

It is gray and rainy out.
The things that I should probably be doing are not the things that I want to be doing...and thus I have not really done anything yet today.

The kids are enthusiastically playing some sort of strange blend of puppies, police, Star Wars, and I am not sure what else (but it is scaring one of the cats).
I have a meeting with my professor this afternoon to sign my most recent program of study. That is good.
I also would have liked to have had my paper to hand her, but I am sort of stumbling over it so I may choose to just talk to her about it instead.
We also plan to get ready to put down some flooring in the laundry room. It has been ripped up for a year and a half now and I am tired of not being able to put wet laundry on the floor.

After doing a bunch of research (and almost having a heart attack at the price) we ended up with self sticking tiles (on the recommendation of the sales person). So we will see how it goes.
I had looked at rubber flooring (like they put in garages). My thought had been that rubber flooring was water proof and durable, and hey how expensive can it be if people put it in their garages.
Well...what I saw online looked like it was about $15 for a cartoon of 20 tiles. The sales person struggled with the computer but she thought it was that price too.
After a long wait and a third sales person it turned out that it was $15 a tile....that's a big difference. Hence I almost had a heart attack.
So, we headed for the self-stick tile. The plan is today to clear the room and then put in the floor tomorrow.

No comments: