Sunday, September 13, 2009

Earning their keep

On Friday night I went down to feed Dodge and when I passed Hogan (one of our other cats) he was eying the bag of litter laying down on the floor in the hallway.
I didn't think much of it because the cat is a little strange and not so bright. He was still doing it when I came out from feeding Dodge so I thought...well he could be watching a bug and I will move the bag and squash the bug.

But then!
I moved the bag a bit and the thing between the bag and the wall was not the right shape or color for a bug.
I called Jim and we chased the mouse around the room for 10-20 minutes.
So what to do....
In case you were wondering two cats...even two declawed cats shut in a basement with a mouse for a day and a half will dispose of a mouse.
So that has been our excitement around here.
That and now Doug has picked up the fever Josie just got over.
Such is life and this too shall pass.

2 comments:

Ann in NJ said...

Just because the claws are gone doesn't mean the instinct isn't. And clearly they have other weapons.

(my word verification is "catio". A patio with lots of sun to attract cats?)

Susan Z said...

Hehe, I like the catio. My brother-in-law actually has a "catararium" where they have a bunch of cats they have rescued.