Friday, September 11, 2009

State of the House

Josie- She might finely be over the fever that she had the past couple of days. It sort of explains why she was fussy about going to preschool on Wednesday. It's always nice to have your kid back after an illness.

Andy- A powerful force as always. I did check and despite the fact that all of his good friends from last year are in Doug's class he does seem to be finding kids to play with in his class. Weirdly enough we went to a graduate student parent support event tonight on campus and happened to sit next to one of his best friends from last year. She was pretty delighted to see him also.

Doug- I think he might be growing. For the past week about every 15 minutes I have been getting "Mom, I'm hungry" and I weighed him and he is actually 3 pounds more than Andy (prior to this they have never been more than half a pound). Other than he squished his best friend in preschool today (well...the story I got was that a big boy in a yellow shirt who has a small mouth, ears, and black hair that sticks up in the air and who might be named William had an idea to squish Dylan...) he is doing really well.

Jim- Still looking for a job...lots of applications out there. Hanging in there and enjoying extra time with the kids. Josie is all about "daddy" (until she gets hurt and then mom gets the crying). I can't remember if I mentioned (in blog) before that he broke up a potential fight at school and then had the parent press harassment charges and if the prosecuting attorney could ever get it together to show up then there might be some resolution. The case has had a monthly court date every month since last April or May (I've lost track) but between the city being slow getting evidence to Jim's side and then not showing up it has been dragging on (and on). So if you are the praying type please add us to your prayer list.

Susan- I think it is from coming off a really intense summer of business that I am really having trouble focusing and figuring out what I should be doing on a daily basis. I am alternating between feeling in an ok spot and feeling like I am behind. I take my comprehensive exams in October and am starting to think about dissertation stuff.

No comments: