Thursday, November 13, 2008

Dear Mr. Germ,

I do not know whether you are a virus or a bacteria and frankly at this point I do not care. You have over stayed your welcome. I think we are in the process of recovering but it has been a long haul and it is time for you to leave our household.
I am tired of coughing. While I am feeling better I would like to feel enough better so that I am not coughing hard enough to hurt or coughing when I am trying to sleep. Frankly I would like to spend a night in my bed that is in an actual horizontal position.
I would also like to have a day where my normally independent children are actually independent. I am tired of having one, two or three of them glued to me at virtually all times because they are feeling lousy. It makes it difficult to get anything done.
I am a mother and a graduate student. I do not have time to be sick. I am not allowed to be sick. I don't have the luxury of time to recuperate and I do not have the money to whisk myself away to a seaside resort for some time in the sun.
It is very early in the season for you to be hanging around here. I do not wish you on anyone else and I certainly hope that you will not be visiting our house again this season.
Sincerely,
Susan

2 comments:

Jill in MA said...

Amen!

Feel better soon!

Ann in NJ said...

Yuck - hopefully everyone will be feeling better soon. Sometimes it feels as though the plague has descended and just keeps circling around. Hang in there.

(word verificaton="wmone", which makes me think of a really little kid with a lisp saying "Ramone")