Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Are we there yet?

We made it to Nana and Pop's. I think it must be innate that children ask the question "are we there yet" because I heard it starting about 90 minutes into the trip and it is a five hour trip. Every child slept at least some. Everyone ate a bunch in the car. The boys actually opted not to watch DVDs all the way (they watched the first third of the way) and Josie watched some too. I actually sat up front with Jim so that we could listen to a book on CD. That also meant that I had to get out of my seat a few times to help the boys in the back of the car. Did you know that if I stretched out over the large cooler that was in the seat behind me that I could pretty well reach the boys in the back?

2 comments:

Ann in NJ said...

Nobody realizes how handy long arms are until they're in the car with children...

Jill in MA said...

Yes, I'm jealous of your long arms. Just recently a friend was discussing her "freakishly long arms" (her words) and how much farther she could reach than me from the driver's seat in her car, which is exactly the same as mine!