Tuesday, July 15, 2008

To every thing there is a season....

Right now at our house it is fig season.
It was exciting at first to see the tree loaded with figs, and then there was the anticipation of when they would start getting ripe. We had to do a bit of watering and then they finally started to get ripe, and now....well...now...we just have a ton of figs.
Jim has done a bunch of canning, but we still have a ton of figs.
If Josie is out with me picking them then she alternates between taking bites out of the ones in the bowl and picking the green unripe figs that are at her level. If the boys are out with me then they play on the swing-set for awhile and then gradually migrate to the fig tree (which really could be called either a giant bush or perhaps even a very small grove) and then while I am trying to systematically work my way around the tree they yell at me that they have found a ripe fig here or there and that they can't possibly reach it on their own.
So anyway, if you know anyone who would like a fig, or two, or even two hundred...send them my way with a big, big bucket...turn, turn.

No comments: