Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day!
I got a new Mother's Necklace with three children on it (I had one with two before...) and Jim got a special cake. It is chocolate with mint frosting in the shape of a heart. Yum!

Doug and Andy ended up having two parties because they are enrolled in two classes at school so that they are five days a week. They came home with candy as I expected but a lot less of it was chocolate than I expected (darn...less chocolate for me to eat but on the other hand that's better for me in that I won't be as tempted to steal candy from them). I was realizing how kids' Valentine's cards have changed. When I was little the cards were pretty simple and some kids put a few candy hearts in their little envelopes. Almost every card that Doug & Andy came home with had something with it whether it was a pencil, a fake tattoo, a sticker, or some candy. Doug took cards that had a picture of a car with stickers you could use to personalize it and Andy had stickers that made a puzzle picture of Lego vehicles.

No comments: