Sunday, February 1, 2009

More Potty Progress

We have pretty much continually been in underwear since Wednesday afternoon. We have had moderate success. Doug sometimes goes on his own and will stay dry if you remind him to go.
Andy seems to do best when you make sure there will be pee there and help him to relax. He is getting better about relaxing faster too.
Tonight during the Super Bowl I told him to go potty. He told me he wanted to pee on the grass. I asked him if he thought he could do that (he has not had success standing up to pee so far) and he told me he couldn't do that with the door closed. LOL
So, knowing that we live on a pretty quiet street, I let him out the front door. He was only in his underwear so he stood at the edge of the porch, got his penis out the fly of the underwear, thrust his little hips out, and peed on one of the bushes.
Then Josie wanted to pee on the grass. I took her outside and set her down on the grass. It was a little, but not too much, chilly outside. I told her to squat down and pee and she looked at me like I was crazy...then said "potty."

2 comments:

Peter L. said...

Maybe you should try putting some greenery around the toilet? Give it that out-doorsy feel. A jungle room was good enough for Elvis :).

Ann in NJ said...

I let both my boys pee outside on occasion. William even "built" a bathroom out of branches at one point. Yes, he used it, but "only to pee, Mom, not for poop!"

Oooookay then.