Sunday, February 8, 2009

Someone's moving in!

Someone is finally moving in the house across the street from us. It has been empty for a very long time. The previous person moved out less than a month after we moved in (it wasn't because of us...)
Anyway, I meet her father yesterday. She is a single school teacher.
Unfortunately in the space of time in which I stood on the edge of the street talking to him the kids were downstairs by themselves (I was just taking the old kitty litter out). Andy had been helping me by using the small tank vacuum to suck up kitty litter in the hallway.

When I got back I could "smell" the vacuum and they had dumped about a third of a big bag of cat food into the cat dish and all over the hallway floor and then managed to suck up about 4 cups of it into the vacuum hose. They were just starting to drop individual pieces of cat food into the cat water which Josie had dumped from the small bowl into the big tub that is there to prevent spills on the carpet.
Another example of kids being "help more work".

No comments: