Friday, February 6, 2009

TGIF

I'm so glad it actually is Friday now.
I felt like yesterday should be Friday and that this should be at least the end of the second week of February, if not the end of the third week....not the end of the first week in February.
It's been a long week (or long two weeks if you include the last part of January).
All three kids and Jim have been on antibiotics. I think I am getting better but it would help if I could get more sleep (perhaps then I would be less emotional...which is probably contributing to it seeming like a long week).
Highlights (or low points depending on how you want to phrase it):
Monday- Jim used a sick day to go to the doctor and was told to stay home two days to help recover.
Tuesday-I went to the dentist for a filling (forgetting that the last time I had dental work the Novocain lasted 9 hours) so I got my filling, came home and threw-up, skipped the classes I was supposed to teach (I had others who covered them, sort of), slept for 90 minutes so that the Novocain actually wore off, but also managed to bit my lip while it was still numb so I am still recovering from a fat lip...I didn't know I had bitten it until I saw blood.
Wednesday- Andy got fillings and did great, but both boys pooped in their underwear right at the end of our evening at church so that took some clean-up
Thursday- I spent about an hour crying after the director of the preschool asked me to put the boys in pull-ups when they came...at least until they were doing pretty well with things at home. Apparently Andy pooped in his underwear at preschool and it was messy. They apparently didn't realize that there were also pull-ups in the kids' backpacks and sure enough when they got home Andy didn't want to put underwear back on. He did pee in the potty but it felt like I had lost a week's worth of potty training. I wrote all sorts of blog posts but didn't publish them.
Friday- I don't know about today yet. I was extremely conflicted between the benefits of taking the boys to preschool in pull-up versus keeping them home in underwear. Doug loves going to preschool so I knew he would want to go. Andy enjoys it while he is there but is not quite as in to it. I ended up taking them and Andy ended up staying.

1 comment:

Ann in NJ said...

Some days are hard. Some weeks are hard. And potty training is the hardest of all. It feels like it will never end - and you're trying to do two at once.

Hang in there. Things will get better - especiall as everyone gets healthier! Do your best to get enough sleep.