Thursday, June 18, 2009

Confession

I never thought I would do it.

We have joined the ranks of people who have enrolled their children in multiple Vacation Bible Schools.

Here is the deal.
Doug and Andy, despite having each other to play with and playing reasonably well together most of the time, need to be around other children.
Our church has VBS but is doing it every Wednesday night in June rather than in one concentrated week. Our church is also fairly small. We are fortunate in that there is a small concentration of children around the same age as Andy and Doug, but still a larger group is nice.

So....
We went to one at another (MUCH larger) Methodist church last week. I sort of forgot the first morning so we showed up late and then they only went through Thursday so we had Friday off.

At that first VBS one of the moms who recognized me from Doug & Andy's preschool (at a different church) mentioned that HER Baptist church was having VBS this week. So I signed them up. It was a different curriculum so at least they were getting something different.

I did find one for next week that is still a different curriculum, but it is in the evening so by the time we are going out of town at the end of the week, and we are going to the one at our church on Wednesday...they would only go two days so we will skip that one.

They have now seen the themes "Crocodile Dock" "Boomerang Express" and "Camp Edge (Experience + Discover God Everywhere)."
I don't know of any for July so I guess I might actually have to come up with some ideas to keep them from parking themselves in front of the TV all day.

No comments: