Sunday, June 14, 2009

Pool Party

It wasn't exactly a pool party we went today. It was really a baby shower where a pool was available. Of course my little water babies like to swim so we did wearing our floaty suits.
Josie was a velcro baby at first. As much as she loves showers and baths at home, the pool was just a bit big for her. The pool had a slide and she did eventually go down it with someone to catch her at the bottom.
Doug, despite eventually getting out to kick and "swim" last time we were in a pool took a little while to warm up to the swimming thing. He did eventually after being a little forced. He also went down the slide a few times as long as I was there to "catch" him at the bottom.

And then there is Andy.

Now there are times I wish that I could set my children's risk taking level to somewhere in between the very cautious Doug and whatever off the charts level Andy is at.

He was in and out and all over the pool. He was letting one of our friends lift him up high and drop him into the water in the middle of the pool. He went down the slide...on his bottom, laying down, on his back, backwards, face first, etc. He jumped off the diving board...both forwards and backwards.

I am still breathing and he did go home in one piece. He just needs to learn to stop grinning so much and actually close his mouth because I think he swallowed half the pool.

1 comment:

Ann in NJ said...

Um, can I say, SO not surprised? I think swimming lessons need to be in your near future. Just for your peace of mind.