Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Fuzz

It's a fuzzy day. It is fuzzy because I have a lot on my mind, I'm waiting to see how some things turn out, and I'm slightly distracted because of it all.
Yesterday I had mostly a good day that was overshadowed by one event (that is the one even I am waiting to see how it will play out).
I didn't get to see much of my children yesterday because I was gone from 9:30am until 8:30pm. They were in bed when I got home.
As much as I realize that I sometimes get frustrated with them and there are days that I am glad that I have other things to do and think about besides just taking care of them, I realized that I missed my family during the day. I was doing intellectually stimulating things and having adult conversations, but there is just something about a child hugging you when they wrap their arms around your neck and their head is close to your head and they hug you with their entire body.
I did get to go in and kiss them good night when I got home. They were all asleep by the time I got to each of their beds. Each smelled slightly of the strawberry shampoo and was curled up under their covers all warm and cozy. They are one of the things that anchor me.

No comments: