Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Birthday x2






Doug & Andy had their birthday today. It was a party similar to Jo's except that the people were slightly different. We had George who also happened to be born on May 19 (although a year ahead of us). The boys had fun playing. George hadn't had a nap and sort of had a melt down so he missed the cake and presents, but Doug and Andy had a good time. As you can see we took the easy route and frosted the cakes with chocolate frosting and then stuck toys on top. Super simple and the boys loved it, plus they got a toy out of it at the end. I keep thinking...I don't know where the first three years went. I was thinking as we put the boys to bed how the day we had the C-section the surgery was scheduled late in the day and then particularly Andy was struggling a little bit to breath so I really only got to see them for one brief moment while they started stitching me back up, and then the boys were whisked off and admitted to the NICU and I didn't get to see them until the next morning. As we were saying good night tonight, I told Andy the story "Once upon a time, three years ago on this very day, a mommy, a daddy, a grandma, a nana, a pop, and friends went to the hospital. And on that day Andy & Doug were born and everyone got to see them for the first time and everyone loved them from the first minute they saw them." Andy had me tell it at least 5 times and would have asked for more but we had to turn out the light so they could go to sleep because it was very late for little boys to be going to bed.

No comments: