Thursday, May 15, 2008

Jo is one!

Hard to believe a year ago I was in the hospital having a C-section with Josie last year.
The things that stand out...
-The 2nd C-section was much easier than the first.
-We had jaundice
-It is so much easier having a baby in the well-baby nursery than dealing with the NICU
-I wasn't sure how the boys were going to do because even though we had talked about it before hand I was sure they were clueless and it was the first time I had been away from them for more than a work day.
-We got out of the hospital and the next day had a birthday party for the boys (not at our house...I am not THAT insane)
-and sorry moms of singletons...perhaps it is partially that this was my second time around, but having one baby is a whole lot easier than having two.

Jo has had some interesting experiences in her short little life. She has moved, lived in an RV for almost 5 months, and ridden in a tow truck three times (how many one year olds can say that...well not literally say that of course). She has changed incredibly over the first year and of course now I can't imagine life without her. We are having a pretty low key party this evening. I say "we" but it is really me and the boys and a few friends. Jim is on an over-night field trip and won't get back until late tomorrow. I had amnesia when I invited people over or I would have moved when we were celebrating her birthday because I didn't remember that Jim's field trip was over night. Life goes on.
I will post pictures because Jim actually got all of the pictures off my camera so I can erase the memory card and take more. I've never filled it up before (in fact I've never taken more than about 75 out of the 400 something I could take before I download them) but I haven't found the writeable disks to burn the pictures and I have this fear of dropping my laptop and losing all of the pictures on it so now at least it is on two computers.

1 comment:

Ann in NJ said...

Happy Birthday to Jo, Happy Birthday to Jo, Happy Birthday Dear Josieeeee.... Happy Birthday to Jo.

Love, the Mailhots