Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Shake'N Go

Fischer Price has these shake'n go cars where you shake them up and then the amount that you shake them determines how far they go. My sister-in-law introduced us to them and the boys have loved them ever since.
Now our issue is that Doug lines the cars up and "races" them. He moves usually 4 cars around and around our race track. The batteries have worn down so some of them rev and try to move, some of them just rev, and some no longer respond. One of these days I might take pity on him and actually replace the batteries.
Anyway, back to the issue. The issue with these race cars is really his sister. Josie wants to play too, and Doug sometimes is willing, sometimes will let her have her own car, sometimes will try and find a substitute car for her, and sometimes just yells "Mommy! Josie trying to get my car!"
She picks them up, sometimes manages to shake them, but also...even with her still limited words, will make car sounds for the cars.
So when Jim and I made our stop to buy birthday presents, we discovered that they make pink flowered shake'n go cars. Now Josie will have her very own car that is unmistakably hers.
I am glad, however, to have it out of my car. This little pink car went around with me yesterday and every little bump or dip that I went over I could hear revving sounds from the bag.

No comments: