Sunday, May 18, 2008

Little Problem Solver

I don't know if it is advanced or not, but I don't remember the boys doing things like this starting at this age.
Jo, of course, just turned one. Tonight she took the plastic stool from the kids' bathroom and carried it into the boys' room so that she could try and get up on Andy's bed. I know Andy and Doug moved things to help them get up but I am remembering it as being at a much later age (of course their first year to year and a half are sort of a blur anyway...)

We used to debate about which, between Andy and Doug, was going to be the one who came up with the ideas and which one was going to be the one who got talked into doing the trouble-making. So far it has turned out that they work together pretty well and no one seems to be the instigator just yet.
Now I am wondering if Jo is going to figure things out and talk her brothers into doing them. I guess only time will tell.

2 comments:

Jill in MA said...

In our family, it is definitely the little one that comes up with the ideas and the older one that thinks it's a great idea and helps implement. Although now, she's taught him to think about things in a different way, so he comes up with the ideas now, too.

Ann in NJ said...

It's so interesting to me how different kids from the same family can be. I know it's not really the same environment as the number of kids change (and parents get tired), but the personalities are SO different!