Saturday, January 31, 2009

Calendars

If my children had their way our calendar would be filled....filled with holidays.
We have a magnetic calendar. It is from the years 2005 to 2006 because someone left it in the teacher workroom for free pick-up back when I was still in a classroom. At the time Andy and Doug were young and I thought that eventually we might use it.
Jim (and sometimes our baby-sitter Ben) usually put the numbers up and move them along to follow the time. They are good about finding the appropriate magnet with the holidays for the month. I sometimes add in the magnets about going to the library or having a picnic if I know that I am already planning to do something like that with the kids.
Doug and Andy, and now Josie, sometimes move the dates around...but mostly they add holidays. In their world Halloween and Christmas are every month. You can make something happen sooner just by putting the appropriate magnet on a date that is higher up. And, every day must have something. Nothing is allowed to be left blank.

No comments: