Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Girls, Girls, Girls

We had a new fast food restaurant with an indoor play area open up recently in our town. The kids have been begging to go to it and we went yesterday afternoon. We ate and then let the kids play for awhile on the play equipment. Two girls came along who looked to be about the same age as Andy and Doug. They latched on to my boys (or my boys latched on to them...I'm not sure which happened first) rather quickly. Andy kept referring to "my new friends" and they would hold hands going up the steps and going down the slide. They seemed happiest when they all ended up in a heap at the bottom of the slide.

Many of Andy's good friends (and Doug's too for that matter) from preschool last year were girls. I will be most interested to see who they talk about this coming year.

Oh, and don't ask the name of the girls. My boys never bothered to ask.

2 comments:

Jill in MA said...

We don't get names either. We get a lot of "that girl" or "that girl with the pony tail" or "the Katie with hair like Sierra"!

Susan Z said...

One time my kids went to the park with our babysitter and the babysitter's younger sister also happened to be at the park with her friends. So Andy kept referring to all of the friends as "Katies" or "the Katie with the dog" and then my babysitter's little sister was "Ben's Katie."