Sunday, July 12, 2009

I should be committed.

So it has been a very busy summer. I am surviving as far as I know but I don't think I will quite know if I have truly "survived" until all is said and done at the end of the term.
I long to do other things (beyond reading books and writing papers) such as working on this lovely 40 year old house (read this in a slightly sarcastic tone...I do like the house, but it is definitely a work in progress). There is a certain satisfaction to seeing the change in something when it has been updated. Unfortunately much of what we have done so far has been necessary and good but I long for more and time and money are constraining factors.

All that said, we found some "oops" paint and are working on the master bathroom. We are now committed to painting the bathroom because I started ripping out the wallpaper and the kids have thrown in their efforts at it too. We have mainly worked on getting the top layer of wall paper off and then I will have to go back and moisten and scrap the bottom layer off to get to the actual wall. There were a few spots where it was loose enough all of the layers of wallpaper came off and guess what we found.
.
.
.
.
Even more wood paneling! It is white wood paneling, but oh my it is still wood paneling.
Whoever built this house sure loved wood paneling.

No comments: