Sunday, January 11, 2009

Food Facts

I think it is a fact that kids will eat better when there is a gimmick (see my sister's post about cute food). We got the kids little segmented trays for Christmas and they like to have each spot filled with something.
They ate great the day that I cut their sandwiches with little cookie cutters.
Yesterday we used one of my Christmas presents for the first time. We tried out the Pancake Puff pan. We bought ours at Target, but for probably at least six months I went through both boys asking for this every time the commercial came on. I was intrigued and curious so when we saw it we got it. Saturday we tried it out. It was a hit with Doug and Josie. Andy was skeptical...until Jim dumped powdered sugar on top. Suddenly, with addition of the sugar garnish, Andy decided that they were "his favorite."

1 comment:

Jill in MA said...

One night I made the chicken nugget recipe from "Deceptively Delicious" cookbook by Jessica Seinfeld. You dip the chicken in an egg and pureed veggie mixture, then a healthy breadcrumb mixture. I wasn't sure what the kids would think because they were still a little green from the broccoli, but when I called them "Mommy's special chicken nuggets," they couldn't get enough of them! (Steve and I liked them a lot, too, and I'm hoping to make them again in a large batch to freeze and reheat in the oven.)