Saturday, June 7, 2008

Blueberries!

My in-laws have blueberries. Eventually they want to have a "you pick" place for people to come pick blueberries, but for the time being while the plants are growing up they pick the blueberries and take them to a farmers market. One of the things that we did today was pick the bushes. I had Jo in a wagon and my bucket for picking berries. However, I don't know what percentage of berries actually stayed in my bucket because Jo seemed to think that my bucket was her own personal blueberry buffet, because the entire first row that I picked she had her arm stuck down in the bucket and was feeding her face.

2 comments:

Ann in NJ said...

Sounds like "Blueberries for Sal". There was a pair of young mothers with kids in tow having the same issue last Thursday when I was picking strawberries at the farm...

ooolia said...

A girl after my own heart. ;)

I'm told that I eat twice as many berries as I take home when we go to the U-pick. I'm not going to disagree.