Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Chaos Theory...

Well, today was not too bad. The boys did not nap, I really need to finish the paperwork on the teachers I am supervising, and it was the last night of vacation Bible school which always pushes our bedtime back a bit.
Hence...when we are getting ready for bed it was all going well and then chaos broke loose. We give the boys a choice of whether we say or sing our prayer and whether we use one from home (Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John bless the bed....) or one from church (the Lord's prayer if we are saying it and the doxology if we are singing it...we figure it helps the kids learn them for the church service). Anyway, Andy is like the "prayer police" in that he gets on Doug about whether Doug is participating in saying the prayer or not. Jo has started participating. She recognizes prayers (and grace before meals) and usually says "memen" about 3 times before the prayer is over. She now reaches out to hold hands for prayers and is pretty insistent about doing it and during prayer before bedtime she will usually rock with the prayer if we are singing it (I think she gets this from Doug because he does the same thing).

So tonight we are going along getting ready for bed and we hit prayer time. Well, first Andy doesn't want to hold Jo's hand for some reason. Doug is happiest laying in my lap but does cooperate. Then Andy gets upset and wants be to make Jo say the whole prayer...I want to say "Dude! She only says like 4 words total!" Then somehow in the midst of Andy digging in his feet about wanting Jo to say the whole prayer...Jo up and bites Doug. Jim scolds Jo which offends her and suddenly I have Andy upset and sitting in my lap trying to convince me to make Jo say the whole prayer, Doug in my lap because he is upset because he was bitten (though not even enough to leave teeth marks), and Jo trying to get in my lap because she is upset about being reprimanded.
.
.
Bed time happened pretty swiftly after that.

No comments: