Monday, June 16, 2008

Fortunes

I had forgotten about it yesterday, but we had left-over Chinese food for dinner tonight and it reminded me. When we got back from Nana and Pop's yesterday it was easiest and quickest to get something out. At the end of the meal we got our fortune cookies and now days the boys are pretty good about remembering to not eat the paper. It is so unusual these days with fortune cookies to actually get one that has a fortune on it rather then just a proverb. I can't decide if I should be alarmed at the fortunes we got or not.
I'll do them in the order they were opened (and I don't remember what Jo's said and some of it may be approximate wording).
Andy: You will come into an inheritance soon.
Doug: Your life will be full of excitement soon.
Me: Treasure and remember events, especially for this coming week.
Jim: Your life will be full of many good things. (At least I think that is what his said...I was just relieved that it was a positive one because inheritance and excitement together don't necessarily sound like a good mix to me.)

1 comment:

Ann in NJ said...

It does sound rather alarming, doesn't it? Perhaps that's a difference between children and adults. "Excitment" doesn't necessarily mean a GOOD thing.

(My verification word is "oxpyen" which is awfully close to oxygen)