Monday, June 2, 2008

Thank you for making this

It is soooo very sweet. Andy has started,at almost every meal to say "Thank you for making this."
He is a very insistent little child and will repeat this again and again and again (like everything else he is excited to communicate) until you acknowledge it in a way he finds acceptable.
For instance, tonight I was terribly helpful to Jim (add in a little sarcasm here...I don't really cook at our house, Jim does pretty much all of it) and actually stuck some green beans in a container and put them in the microwave and warmed them up. Jim did everything else (including taking the green beans out, fixing them, and actually getting them to the table). That was the extent of my helping with dinner tonight (I had a few other non-dinner related things going on...in my defense).
Anyway, Andy said "Mommy, thank you for making this," and no matter how much I explained that it really was daddy who made everything, and that I did just a little bit, Andy kept repeating it until I finally said "You are welcome" without any other explanation. Then, finally, he moved on to thank daddy also.

No comments: