Friday, June 6, 2008

Super Hero Desires...

We are at my in-laws this weekend. We had to take separate cars because Jim is headed to a conference next week and I have to head back home (the kids are spending a week with Nana and Pop!).
This means that I drove for roughly five hours, by myself, with the kids in the car. I can't reach Doug & Andy so that makes it interesting. I learned several things on this trip....
1. My speedometer is slow (Jim said there was a 7 or 8 mph discrepancy between what I thought I was going and what he thought I was going).
2. It is innate for children to say "Are we there yet" (Andy started this about an hour after we started our trip...fortunately he alternated this phrase with "We're at Nana and Pop's?" so that I at least got a little variety).
3. Jo may be allergic to fake cheese stuff (like the kind of cheese flavoring they put on chips) because this is the second time that she has thrown up after eating it (either that or she could have motion sickness?)
4. I used to want the super hero power of being able to manipulate time....but now I really think it would be useful to be elasti-girl. I think that would be the most useful super power for a mom (besides the needing extra limbs). I could reach toys, pacifiers, snacks, etc.

1 comment:

Lisa C said...

Glad you guys got there ok and a whole week without the kids? Nice we didn't get that far before you had to go on the phone. Thought you might call back, but figured you were distracted. Somehow I always seem to be doing a laser light pantograph on a quilt when you call. I'm going to have to work on that timing. ;)

Definitely test Jo outside the car, vomiting bad, specially in a car.