Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Wierd weather

Things are pretty quiet with me being husband-less and kid-less this week. I am trying to be good and get my paper done, but it is so hard to motivate myself. I am really hoping that I can knock it out so that I can move on with my life. The big thing is that even if I get it "written" this week (or re-written as the case may be) I wonder about the odds of the professor wanting to rearrange it yet again (which is why I think I am having a hard time motivating myself). I am looking out the window. It is absolutely pouring down rain, there are huge thunder claps (like the kind that they rattle things in the house just a bit), and it is as bright out there as if it were a cloudless day. When it is bright out but raining I used to call those "sunshowers."

2 comments:

Jill in MA said...

I always look for a rainbow when there's a sunshower. (That's what I always called them, too.) A lot of the time there is one!

Susan Z said...

I did walk outside to look for a rainbow but either there wasn't one (even though conditions looked perfect) or there are too many trees in the way and I just missed it.