Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Monkey Do

Josie is REALLY good at communicating. She has a bunch of words that she says that at least I understand, but she also is good with nonverbal communication. The other day she tripped and fell down and then wanted me to kiss her hands. So she came up looked at me expectantly, and when I didn't do what she wanted she kissed her hands and looked at me again.
This morning, while the boys are at preschool, she was cooking me something in the play kitchen. She brought me a spoonful of pretend food and apparently was not satisfied with my slurping noises. She made an "mm-ahhh" sound and when I copied the sound she went off happy that she must have cooked something good.
She also will walk up with her fingers closed and arms out like she is holding an imaginary steering wheel. She'll look at you expectantly until you say "Ready, set, go!" Gee...I wonder where she learned that behavior from (Don't forget the sarcastic tone when you read that).
You may not have noticed that I updated some of the side-bar information to include what her current vocabulary is. However, I know that there are a bunch of words that I am still missing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey I found this on my computer. coool. email me some pics of my nephews and Baby Jo as Sam says.
dseg24@gmail.com
hope all is well,ytell unlce Jimmy
hello
laters