Friday, September 26, 2008

TGIF!

I am very glad it is Friday and that I have gotten through so many things this past week or two. I would feel a little more comfortable if I had some confirmations that professors had gotten some emails...but oh well I will deal.
I survived my conference. It was interesting to go because really I knew a lot of people who were there...I just didn't know many who were coming from my area since I haven't been in a classroom here. So I only found a carpool one day, but I did get to see a lot of people I haven't seen in two years (because last year the conference was the same day we closed on our house that we were moving out of). It was interesting to pick out sessions to go to because I don't have the focus of teaching in a classroom with children and now my needs are much different (and I was really feeling how much I have changed...which is a good thing I guess).
I also survived the presentation I was scheduled to do. It was really the one that I was supposed to do last year so it was actually over a teaching unit that I hadn't looked at (let alone taught) for a very long time. However, it seemed to go well and I got some positive comments from people. I only took 45 minutes instead of the hour that I potentially had but I was in the last time slot for the day so people were probably glad to get out a little early anyway. I also ran out of my hand-outs. I wasn't really sure how many to prepare for and I had already decided that rather than killing a small forest with paper hand-outs that was going to go "high tech" so I had burned CD-Roms. Since I didn't want to end up with a bazillion of the CD-Roms left over I only did about 20. Well...I ended up with almost 35 people in my session. So I now have to email a bunch of people the unit and the PowerPoint.
I'm glad that the professor I have for the class that was supposed to meet this weekend is someone who also presented at the conference. That means that she was tired and just ended up giving us all a PowerPoint rather than actually having to physically meet. Also, my last big assignment for a little while is due Monday so after Monday I will be much better off (and hopefully less stressed).

No comments: